Saturday, September 11, 2010

Bye Bye Big Toenail

I just kicked the stairs while climbing up them about an hour ago.  My whole left big toenail is now detached and hanging by the cuticle.  I've cleaned it by pouring peroxide onto the nail bed.  One band aid has been filled, now the second is half full.

This is very concerning as tomorrow is the day family is coming over to help me build an animal shelter.  Over 30 pieces of lumber need to be moved, cut, lifted and attached.  What on earth am I going to do?

Not to mention, I'm a mailman.  I walk all day long.  How can I even put on a shoe???

No pain yet.  It's very numb for now.  All of the internet advice from people who've had the same injury say to clean it every day, wrap it with gauze, use neosporin, air it out when possible, and wait for the nail to turn black and fall off.  Uhg.

When all is said and done, it'll take about 45 days to heal.

I decided not to include a picture.  It isn't exactly photogenic.

...I hope it grows back.

No comments:

Post a Comment